19 February, 2007

Trying out detox - part one




I've read a lot about this when I've been reading about metabolism and weight loss. Some diets even promotes it as part of the diet to jump start your metabolism, so I thought I'd give it a try as an addition to my regular training and diet and see if has any effect.

I went to the health store and found this:

I imagine there are several different brands out there but this one looked the most appealing to me. It's called LivSlim and is a product from Good Health which is a company based in New Zealand and Australia. The product claims to cleanse your liver, help your metabolism and reduce the effects of stress. All three sounds good to me.

I started taking the liquid today and I'm suppose to take 18 ml twice per day. You can hardly see it but on the package it says, 'great tasting'...you can scrap that right away...it has a very bitter taste and I can tell you that in 10 days I will be happy for at least one reason...I won't have to drink it anymore.

Ingredients per 18 ml dose:
Herbal extracts equivalent to dry
*Camellia sinensis leaf (Green tea) 9.0 g
*Standardised to provide 36 mg of caffeine
*Silybum marianum seed (Milk Thistle) 5.8 g
*Schisandra chinensis fruit (Schisandra) 750 mg
*Calcium Hydrixycitrate (Equiv. to 457 mg HCA) 914 mg

I will update you on the progress of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did it go?

ze7en said...

Hello there, you can read about the results here detox - final